Hi. I'm Si, a highly experienced digital director and design lead.
I do research, strategy, service design, product design, interaction design, team building and management. I lean on over twenty years of experience in digital and design to help people, teams and organisations work out what they need to do, design it, and make it happen.
In my free time I:
- coordinate the Leeds gov design meets (a regular meet-up for people in and around Leeds who are designing and making public services)
- help teach service design at Leeds Service Jams and Leeds GovJams
- guide young people to design and make with code and technology at Bradford CoderDojo
- am a part-time lecturer on design and communication at Leeds Beckett university
- write posts on my blog
In previous roles, I have:
- spent just over a year and a half at DWP Digital as an interaction designer and a service designer
- helped with leading design at NHS Digital on the NHS Beta programme
- been lead interaction designer at HMRC Digital
- held director and head of positions at the agencies Home, Bloom, and Brahm
I am proud to have been one of the co-founders of award-winning Grimsby Town fanzine Cod Almighty. I do not contribute to it these days. Still read it, though.
Get in touch and links
My contact details are here.
Recent posts on my blog
Weeknote for week 36 of 2019, 2 September to 8 September
Run notes for August 2019
Weeknote for week 35 of 2019, 26 August to 30 August
Weeknote for week 34 of 2019, 19 August to 23 August