Hi! I'm Si.
I am a highly experienced and successful service, user experience and interaction designer and maker of people-centred digital things, with nearly twenty years' professional experience.
I believe design is a process to make things that work for people, by involving people. I design stimulus to test and learn from users, and understand from research and analysis to make things continually better – and by collaborating with others as a team.
Recent blog posts
12 April 2017
Public Design WY number 1 is go
10 April 2017
Listening, not hearing
7 April 2017
Being in the same room
23 March 2017
The cost of sitting versus the cost of standing
11 March 2017
Public Design WY
- interaction designer on NHS beta
- lead interaction designer at HMRC on their digital services
- creative and development director at Home
- studio director/chief operating officer at Bloom
- creative manager at Brahm
Community and events
- teach service design at GovJam in Leeds
- teach young people to design and make through technology and digital at Bradford CoderDojo
- lecture at Leeds Beckett university
Previous helped run:
- Leeds Digital Festival (2011–2012)
- Leeds Digital Conference (2012)
- Leeds Digital Lunches (2011–2015)
- Get into Gaming with Sean Parker (2011–2013)
Get in touch
You can get my contact details on the contact page.